ChartsPLUS: Working with Chart Toolbar (Chart Picker and Show/Hide Menu)
In the following blog we will be looking at the features available from the new ChartsPLUS runtime toolbar. These include, the Chart Picker component, Select Dimensions/Measures component and the Show/Hide component. While our video guide posted below gives users a practical demonstration of how to configure and use these features this blog post will attempt to give users a brief introduction of the same, so that they are familiar with their functionality.
- Using the Chart Picker: Chart Picker allows the users to customize Chart Types during run-time to better display their data. Users are given choices ranging from Line & Area, Bar & Column & Sliced Charts. Combination Chart and Chart Editor options, discussed in our last blog post gives users more control over different chart properties.
- Selecting Dimensions and Measures: Users can also select Dimensions and Measures in a particular chart. This option is particularly useful when working with large data sets, helping in eliminating clutter to be able to get a cleared picture of pertinent data. The video above shows us how to modify these properties in a Sliced Chart (Pie, Donut etc.).
- Show/Hide Toolbar: Users can choose to Toggle ON and OFF various different Chart Properties during run-time in their analysis application. For example:
- Show/Hide Legend: Toggles ON/OFF the Legend of a chart. Useful to save space in large dashboards with multiple charts.
- Show/Hide Fullscreen: Sets the selected chart to full screen. Helps in highlighting any particular chart.
- Show/Hide Scrollbar & Cursor: Toggles ON/OFF the ability to zoom certain portions of a chart using a Scrollbar or the Cursor.
- Show/Hide Rotation: Toggles ON/OFF the rotation of a chart. For example, a Column chart can be converted to a Bar chart.
You can request a trial version of ChartsPLUS from here.